Let code be private

let owner make the code private!

Coding secrets that are not able to be put in secrets?

i was wanting to deploy something via replit but couldn’t due to confidential data

2 Likes

This can be done with private repls. Unfortently you need a paid plan or cycles to do so.

Some templates like HTML/CSS/JS template does not since they would be able to be access by any user using inspect element

2 Likes

I know that but I mean that for free

1 Like

That is not currently possible. I would recommend using any language that is not HTML/CSS/JS if you need secrets.
Node.js and Python Flask are good alternatives.

2 Likes

Yes but the backend for any project that you have is completely open source

1 Like

Sorry that’s not going to happen @WJDoonan. The infrastructure required to host and run all the Repls costs a lot of money which is (one reason) why private Repls are part of a paid plan.

There are so many new features being added to Replit and this is possible because of the investment of users in paid plans. If you have any specific questions about the plans please feel free to ask!

1 Like

Secrets are available in every language option except HTML/CSS/JS IIRC. Therefore, you could use secrets.

1 Like

Do y’all ever give away free plans?

1 Like

You get free hacker by becoming a Replit rep, Replit site/discord mod and from hackathons and gamejams. You can also do bounties for cycles so you can do it.

4 Likes

They meant give away free hacker or pro plans

1 Like

Don’t get your hopes up people, this is kinda rare (that includes bounties cause they are all just AI)

1 Like

Yeah I know what you mean

1 Like

Hey @WJDoonan, please do not post duplicate topics, next time please search before creating a new topic, as it is more work for our moderators and clutters the feed if there are too many of the same topic.

1 Like