• C++

0 voters

5. JavaScript vs Ruby

• JavaScript
  • Ruby

0 voters

2 Likes

I know this will attract fights… :eyes:

Also, tell me if you’d like a Part 2 of this poll!

1 Like

I don’t know what any of the languages do except JavaScript and Python and JavaScript seems better because of its capabilities (web + node.js) but Python seemed to be useful for math related stuff, that’s about it. I chose Java at Java vs. C++ because I like Minecraft.

2 Likes

“That’s about it.” are you crazy? Python can literally do anything. Like name literally anything and Python can do it.

yeah, I love java but its math is terrible

Haha take that Ruby!

2 Likes

look again @JayAySeaOhBee14 :wink:

I am in minority … I dislike JS even more than I dislike Java. I still remember when Java came out and how they pitched in all sort of ways (safe, portable, for small devices … that was a tremendous BS, etc) … it was so tedious and slow.

1 Like

I don’t use Java and Ruby, and I haven’t used Javascript for somewhat 5 years? I chose C++ instead of Java because Java hurts my head more when I look at it, even though C++ also hurts my head (probably because I use Python most of the time).

1 Like

@9pfs1 I would like to see what you would choose here

Why do you pick Java over C++? out of curiosity

1 Like

I chose C++ cause I hate Java lol

1 Like

I’ve never used Java or C++

I voted for C++, because Java is always slow and annoying

3 Likes

Wait so why do you hate C++ if you’ve never used it?

I changed my vote from Java to C++… I’ve never used either language so I’m just guessing from the syntax :eyes:

The funny thing is that Java was created with the idea to mimic the Cpp syntax. The guys at Sun wanted to created a language that felt familiar but would work for interactive TV (hence it needed to work via a run-time emulator). What happened next to Java including JScript is a fun history to go reading.

1 Like

Java is more annoying better