Jupyter launch issues

i cant launch jupyter in anaconda or terminal ,here is what showed up :

[W 07:21:26.368 NotebookApp] Loading JupyterLab as a classic notebook (v6) extension.
[I 2023-05-04 07:21:26.377 LabApp] JupyterLab extension loaded from C:\Users\Administrator\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\jupyterlab
[I 2023-05-04 07:21:26.378 LabApp] JupyterLab application directory is C:\Users\Administrator\anaconda3\share\jupyter\lab
[I 07:21:28.580 NotebookApp] Serving notebooks from local directory: C:\Users\Administrator
[I 07:21:28.580 NotebookApp] Jupyter Notebook 6.5.2 is running at:
[I 07:21:28.580 NotebookApp] http://localhost:8888/?token=070e874a6e3a1ea1500c95751d3a8f5bbe999ed4264f9684
[I 07:21:28.580 NotebookApp] or http://127.0.0.1:8888/?token=070e874a6e3a1ea1500c95751d3a8f5bbe999ed4264f9684
[I 07:21:28.580 NotebookApp] Use Control-C to stop this server and shut down all kernels (twice to skip confirmation).
[C 07:21:28.627 NotebookApp] 

To access the notebook, open this file in a browser:
file:///C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/jupyter/runtime/nbserver-8664-open.html
Or copy and paste one of these URLs:
/localhost:8888/?token=070e874a6e3a1ea1500c95751d3a8f5bbe999ed4264f9684
or ://127.0.0.1:8888/?token=070e874a6e3a1ea1500c95751d3a8f5bbe999ed4264f9684
[I 07:21:28.627 NotebookApp] Shutting down 0 kernels
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Administrator\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\notebook\notebookapp.py", line 2381, in start
self.io_loop.start()
File "C:\Users\Administrator\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tornado\platform\asyncio.py", line 199, in start
self.asyncio_loop.run_forever()
File "C:\Users\Administrator\anaconda3\lib\asyncio\base_events.py", line 603, in run_forever
self._run_once()
File "C:\Users\Administrator\anaconda3\lib\asyncio\base_events.py", line 1868, in _run_once
event_list = self._selector.select(timeout)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\anaconda3\lib\selectors.py", line 324, in select
r, w, _ = self._select(self._readers, self._writers, [], timeout)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\anaconda3\lib\selectors.py", line 315, in _select
r, w, x = select.select(r, w, w, timeout)
OSError: [WinError 10038] 

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Administrator\anaconda3\Scripts\jupyter-notebook-script.py", line 10, in 
sys.exit(main())
File "C:\Users\Administrator\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\jupyter_core\application.py", line 277, in launch_instance
return super().launch_instance(argv=argv, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\traitlets\config\application.py", line 992, in launch_instance
app.start()
File "C:\Users\Administrator\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\notebook\notebookapp.py", line 2387, in start
self.cleanup_kernels()
File "C:\Users\Administrator\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\notebook\notebookapp.py", line 2166, in cleanup_kernels
run_sync(self.kernel_manager.shutdown_all())
File "C:\Users\Administrator\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\jupyter_client\utils.py", line 30, in wrapped
raise e
File "C:\Users\Administrator\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\jupyter_client\utils.py", line 27, in wrapped
return loop.run_until_complete(future)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\nest_asyncio.py", line 84, in run_until_complete
self._run_once()
File "C:\Users\Administrator\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\nest_asyncio.py", line 107, in _run_once
event_list = self._selector.select(timeout)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\anaconda3\lib\selectors.py", line 324, in select
r, w, _ = self._select(self._readers, self._writers, [], timeout)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\anaconda3\lib\selectors.py", line 315, in _select
r, w, x = select.select(r, w, w, timeout)
OSError: [WinError 10038] 

help help help please

Is this on Replit or your local machine?

We have a jupyter notebook template
https://replit.com/@ConnorBrewster/Jupyter-Notebook?v=1

2 Likes

Hey, @shaoyukk, welcome to Ask.

I don’t know Jupyter but the error seems to show that you are on Windows which is not Replit (like expected lol) so I recommend you use @IroncladDev’s link to move the code from your computer to Replit. If it still doesn’t work, you might want to ask for help in Code Help. If it works on Replit, uhh it’s probably something related to your computer.

its the same on replit,i tried a lot…the result is either the"localhost8888 reject connection" or what i alredy showed above.

i tried to open jupyter notebook on: my laptop, anaconda,replit. nothing works

its the same on replit,i tried a lot…the result is either the"localhost8888 reject connection"

i tried to open jupyter notebook on: my laptop, anaconda,replit. nothing works my network is fast and well connected

If so, I’d say it’s maybe a code problem…?

A link would help so someone who knows jupyter can help.

Have you tried using the notebook template I sent you?

yeah i used the template you sent to me,but result is the same …“.localhost8888 rejected connection”

http://localhost:8888/?token=9834ff0658a838ffd7c4db2d5bca64b89f17481c778548cc

i used the template and input the password twice followed the instruction on shell. but just cant open jupyter notebook at all…

I meant the Repl Link, IIRC people on a different wifi can’t visit the same localhost.

1 Like

how do you mean by that?sorry i just got no link from replit template…when i click “run” it just stuck on the shell and tells me the exactly same error that happend on anaconda when i tried launch jypyter. the errors are always the same.no matter on replit,anaconda.even my own terminal.i tried install jupyter notebook by “pip install jupyterlab” and notebook,which was successfuly installed . just cant open it. again the errors are always the same…

i asked chatgpt the same question,here is the reply:The error message “OSError: [WinError 10038] An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket” is a Windows-specific error that can occur when trying to use a non-socket object as if it were a socket.

In the context of launching Jupyter Notebook, this error can occur if there is a problem with the network connection or if another application is already using the port that Jupyter Notebook is trying to use.

Some possible causes of this error include:

• A firewall or antivirus program is blocking the connection to the network
  • Another application is using the same port as Jupyter Notebook
  • The network configuration is incorrect or the network connection is unstable

To fix this error, you may need to check your network settings, disable any firewalls or antivirus programs that might be interfering with the network connection, and make sure that no other applications are using the same port as Jupyter Notebook. You may also want to try uninstalling and reinstalling Jupyter Notebook to ensure that it’s installed correctly and all dependencies are up to date." but honesly my network is well connected…as for the firewalls,thats not the issue either…i changed the port number several times…still cant connected…so its basically hopeless to use jupyter for my data analyst study…lol

Well, I guess that’s true lol but I’m confused why that happened on replit… did you get the same error on replit? Can you please give the entire error message that you get on replit.

Don’t go to localhost:8888, use the hosted Repl URL instead if you’re using the Replit template

3 Likes

i tried the both 2 URLs

1 Like

Repls run on a Virtual Machine, meaning that it can’t expose a port on your localhost. What’s the link to your Repl?