January 2022 Updates

‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌

Hi Teachers,

We hope your 2022 is off to a great start! However your January has gone, our new and upcoming features are designed to help keep and get you on the right track for the year.

What's New?

🔒 Family-friendly DNS: If your school previously blocked repl.co to filter all internet content, you can now unblock it to allow unrestricted access to all of Replit. All objectionable and NSFW content will be blocked by default. You can read more about this update on our blog and in our IT Admin Toolkit.

♊ You can now duplicate and copy individual projects to new Teams and select the destination unit! Thanks for all of your feedback that made this possible.
[GIF OF NEW COPY PROJECT WORKFLOW]

💼 We're still hiring! We are seeking a CS Ed enthusiast to join us as Teacher and Customer Success coordinator at Replit! Not your vibe? Check out the rest of our open positions here!

💰Teams for Edu subscriptions now offer unlimited teams at every price point! Whether you are on the individual teacher plan or the institution-wide plan, you can enjoy teams galore.

We're launching a new and improved version of IO tests. It will start rolling out this weekend. While the workflow and interface will stay the same, this update will make IO tests run more smoothly and behave more reliably.

🎟️ Updated member management has arrived in Teams for Edu! You can read more about new Org Admin roles and how to add them here.
[GIF OF ADD ORG ADMIN MODAL]

🐍 We've just published new Python curriculum that uses Test-Driven Development Katas by the incredible Zeger Hendrikse. It's a great resource for intermediate and advanced students who are looking for an extra challenge or would like to hone their skills using coding drills.

Let us know all the creative ways you've applied these updates in your classrooms by tagging us on Twitter @Replit!

What's Coming Up?

👓 Student View will allow Team admins to view and demo Team Projects from a student's perspective.

Need support with Teams for Education?
◦ Ask a question on our Teacher Community Forum!
◦ Join our recurring Office Hours every other Tuesday at 3-4pm PT and the first Wednesday of each month at 10-11am PT. Come to ask questions, chat, and meet other teachers! Always free. View all upcoming dates and sign up!

We love to hear from you! Ask questions and leave feedback here or email us at education@replit.com.

Happy coding!

Lena

@LenaAtReplit

lena@replit.com

2 Likes

This is awesome.

Im not sure if this happened to me. Im the head of the coding club so I asked for it to be unblocked and they unblocked it only for me.

I have another idea for a poll now.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see the next poll you’ve come up with!

1 Like

Currently, I have 1 for tomorrow and the Friday after that. I hope I can think of more ideas or people suggest some ideas before I run out.

1 Like