Issue with OpenCV in Replit environment

Bug description: I am experiencing an issue with OpenCV in my Replit environment. When attempting to import the cv2 module, I receive an error message indicating a missing configuration file: ['config.py'].

I get the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last): File “main.py”, line 1, in import cv2 File “/home/runner/PA8-v1/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/cv2/init.py”, line 181, in bootstrap() File “/home/runner/PA8-v1/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/cv2/init.py”, line 111, in bootstrap load_first_config([‘config.py’], True) File “/home/runner/PA8-v1/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/cv2/init.py”, line 109, in load_first_config raise ImportError(‘OpenCV loader: missing configuration file: {}. Check OpenCV installation.’.format(fnames)) ImportError: OpenCV loader: missing configuration file: [‘config.py’]. Check OpenCV installation.

Expected vs Current Behavior: Expected behavior: Successfully import the cv2 module without any errors. Current behavior: ImportError occurs when attempting to import the cv2 module.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the Replit project
  2. Run the script that includes the line import cv2
  3. Observe the ImportError

Bug appears at this link: https://replit.com/@AndreDionildo/PA8-v1

Screenshot(s)/Screen Recording:

Browser/OS/Device: Chrome/112.0.0.0

Replit Profile: @AndreDionildo

I have tried reinstalling OpenCV using pip, but the issue persists. I suspect that there might be an issue with the Replit environment itself. Could you please assist me in resolving this issue? Thank you for your help.