Issue adding numpy, matplotlib, and pandas to python project

Question:
I have been getting errors on my project when I try to add numpy, matplotlib, and pandas. It mentions a GLIBC_2.36 not being found, so I think there is a version mismatch error, but I cannot find it.

Repl link:
https://replit.com/@hazen-uw-163-cse-t2-22-23/Checkpoint-3-CooperL

Error:

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Also, this is a school project, but this is not part of the course. This is just an error because this was not originally on replit.

Try navigating to the package manager (in the tools in the bottom left) and searching the packages and adding them there. This will automatically install any dependencies for any packages by adding them directly to your replit.nix file. :smile:

1 Like

Hello, it appears that the packages are being auto-installed which should also automatically install system dependencies for it. Therefore, there may be a deeper problem.
Share a working link to a public repl that reproduces it, please.

I suspect that your repl has old configuration that may be causing this, so try moving it to a new repl without forking.

3 Likes

I tried using the package manager but it gave the same output as before and could not install the packages.

Sorry, I have not used replit in a while and I am not quite sure what you mean by moving it to another Repl without forking.

Create a new Repl and copy and paste all of your code files.

Okay, here’s the new link, hopefully it works:
https://replit.com/@LegoWizardCode/PreemptiveHightechTitle

Okay.
It does appear that the configuration is weird, so here is what you should do:
Near files, click three dots and Show hidden files.
Open .replit file and replace contents with this:

entrypoint = "lesson7.py"
modules = ["python-3.10:v18-20230807-322e88b"]

hidden = [".pythonlibs"]

disableGuessImports = true
disableInstallBeforeRun = true

[nix]
channel = "stable-23_05"

[unitTest]
language = "python3"

Delete replit.nix file.
Open pyproject.toml file and change the python variable:

python = ">=3.9,<4.0"

Refresh. Run poetry update in the Shell.
Now, your repl should run without configuration issues.

2 Likes

Thank you, this fixed it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.