Is there a way to run a bot for a couple of hours? Help

I’m trying to keep my Facebook bot running for longer periods, but it’s really disheartening that the server shuts down as soon as I close the editor. Before, it could stay active for a few hours even after closing it. (and i can uptime it to make longer). now that the server changed to repl.dev, uptimers dont work.

i also don’t have a credit card, and there’s no other way for me to make payments. And i think buying a reserved vm doesn’t seem worth it for me since this is just a small project?. It’s frustrating that I can’t find a solution to keep the bot running without these limitations. is there any workaround to make the server run even after closing the tab or no?

excuse any grammatical mistakes I may have made i only know alittle bit of English

Hi @RonFuniestas !
Unfortunately, there is no way to run it for free now. Deployments are the only way, unfortunately, to make sure your bot stays up.
Reserved VMs use Cycles, which you can get by completing Bounties. That’s the only “free” way.
Hope this helps!

So I really have to pay​:smiling_face_with_tear: which i cant. im bummed to hear there’s no free way to keep the bot running. Thanks for the advice on deployments and getting cycles through bounties though. It’s tough, but I appreciate your help!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.