Is Making A No-Fork Repl Against The ToS?

Is making a repl destroy itself upon fork against the ToS?

1 Like

no, why would it? It’s possible by checking the repl_id onBoot or perhaps the repl_owner.

2 Likes

There was a article about it a little bit ago (Am I Allowed To Make A No Fork Repl? - Replit Help - Replit Ask) where people made a bunch of strategys for destoroying a rpel upon fork (@Firepup650 even made one that doesn’t even let you see the code on the cover page without forking it :laughing:).

@bigminiboss You’re sure it’s not against the ToS?

3 Likes

of course. It doesn’t interact with the API in anymanner

1 Like

You could but I don’t see why you would, why not make it private instead? :slight_smile: Public Repls are meant to be forked and shared around :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Understood. Just saying this because some of us don’t have access to the resources to pay for Private Repls.

2 Likes

You can store it all in a secret than use exec() (IIRC) to execute it like I said in the topic you linked to

2 Likes

yes you can do this; me and coderelijah have made an appf or it before. It consists of this:

import os
exec(os.environ["THE_CODE"].replace('\\t', '\t').replace('\\n', '\n'))

4 Likes

I’ll just outline the different approaches and goals here:

Prevent average user from running repl:

• Use Secrets or hash functions to restrict repl with a password or only allow yourself
  • Use REPL_ID or REPL_OWNER to restrict by account

Hide code and prevent forks:

• Put codebase in Secrets
  • Use onBoot in .replit file to delete all files, checking env vars like REPL_ID and REPL_OWNER_ID
  • Use something external like to hold the code privately, then your repl asks for it
  • Use obfuscated or encrypted code into your repl, store source code not in replit (allows people to use your program)
2 Likes

I wouldn’t since I don’t have money too. I would rather just make it no fork where people can see what I made as well.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.