Introducing Replit ModelFarm

modelfarm-cover

To accompany last week’s release of Autoscale and Static Deployments, we’re launching Replit ModelFarm - the fastest and most secure way to build Generative AI applications. From now until October 15th, all Hacker and Pro users will have free access to a selection of Gen AI models offered by Google Cloud Vertex AI. All the models are accessible both from the development environment and from any deployed app, just by installing the Replit AI libraries in Python or JavaScript.

Replit ModelFarm supports chat models, code models, and text embeddings. To find out more, check out our documentation or try out sample app. For now, Gen AI models are accessible for Pro and Hacker subscribers, so upgrade your account to get started. And, as always, comment below to let us know what you think!

6 Likes

Also, love that this was officially announced right after I began mentioning it.

( umarismyname <3 )

4 Likes

This is very cool! Now I can make an AI program.

3 Likes

I have a hacker pro plan, yesterday i used the Vertix AI API, but today I am always getting Eroor 500

2 Likes

question: is this bard with some replit on top?

No it is Palm2. It says that all the time. If it doesn’t know what to say,
40% of the time it gives a message about how it’s Palm2
40% of the time it says nothing
15% of the time it spews forth a bunch of gibberish and random characters intertwined with several unrelated sentences.
5% of the time it says a generic “I don’t understand” message
Note that these are not official numbers but rather estimates based on my observations

3 Likes

ok so it’s google’s thing… and it has nothing built on it from replit??

1 Like

I just have a question, is ModelFarm for hacker/pro users only?

especially for the hackathon, how can I enter without a CC card?

Yes, Replit ModelFarm is only available to users with a paid plan.

2 Likes

Oh, honestly, I don’t think it’s worth it. This is just my personal opinion. I’ve seen some of the responses, and I don’t think it’s worth paying just to use it.

1 Like

to join the hackathon for the duration of this month, I have just spent 700 cycles through their google form (idk if they’ll get back to me). I hope that my plan begins immediately lol

1 Like

Has documentation on the internal API been made yet?

Last time I checked; they were in v1beta.

Right after the release, another Replit Staff member said they were going to change the structure of the API a bit before they make Internal API documents, and would remind me, but I see none anywhere!!

Is there some place where I can find these Endpoints and structure a client without divulging into the official Modules?

4 Likes

Even if it’s available only for users with paid plan, it’s still a very desirable update.

1 Like

Hey @python660, I would assume this would be because most people on replit would have access to a Debit or Credit card.

unfortunately, that is not the case for minors (<18) like me, which makes up a lot of Replit’s userbase.

I wouldn’t say minors, many banks allow people to get a card while under eighteen, many even offer special youth accounts.

2 Likes

Still waiting for anybody with any clues on when this will be released?

Still waiting without any responses to my few previous threads.

2 Likes

Is this going anywhere? I understood ModelFarm was the flagship of Replit’s pivot to AI, so I expected something along the lines of OpenRouter, but native to Replit. But it’s what - Palm2 inference only?

So far, so underwhelming…

2 Likes

Agreeing with @MattDESTROYER. Many banks do offer the ability to have a card whilst under 18 years of age. Like me myself is under 18. But I do infact have a card.

3 Likes