Introducing: Arras Calamity

IMPORTANT NOTE: This game is not affiliated with Arras.io nor its developers, it is only a fan-made game. Go play arras.io. It’s a cool game.

I have started work on a fan-made version of Arras.io that isn’t like any of the private servers, but more story based.

Arras Calamity takes place in a time where Arras has fallen due to forces from the void and a horde, and only few still remain. Eventually, the forces have stopped ravaging the already destroyed place, and someone wishes to rebuild Arras and defeat its enemies.

The game allows you to rebuild Arras however you wish. You can work on decorating your realm while also defending against the enemies by deploying powerful guardians. You also can explore to gain XP to spend on rebuilding and upgrading your tank. Not only are there now many tiers of tanks and a much higher stat cap, you are able to build your own tank to use in battle against others. But it’s not all about rebuilding, you also have to defeat each enemy group and explore across many realms to do so.

There’s also going to be an online mode, where you can fight waves of bosses, build tanks without limitations, or just play the story with friends.

I plan for this game to release near mid to late this year. Also, I’m making it in godot, not here, but you can suggest ideas and/or lore. You can also reply with images for enemies, bosses, or cosmetic. If you suggest anything, you will be credited. I also would like a music designer, so if you can make some nice music for a lot of themes, then that would be great.

4 Likes

Hey @Bedrockminer!

This seems really cool! Do you have anything right now story wise that would make sense for certain art for characters or props?

I haven’t designed all to much yet, but I have a lot of ideas.

1 Like

@Bedrockminer I could mock up some stuff to send to you. Is it the same style as normal arras.io? What kind of stuff are you looking for right now. Do you want full flushed stuff, or just concept art?

Concept art is fine. It can resemble arras.io, it it doesn’t have to look completely like it. For example, I have a design similar to the worm ones from terraria calamity mod, but it does resemble arras.io a little bit. For example: auto turrets. I’ll send it here in a sec

1 Like

Normally it would be a vector, but discourse doesnt allow that. Also, I made this in scratch, but I do like how it turned out.

If anyone else is reading this, please don’t steal this until the game is out.

1 Like

@Bedrockminer So what things do you need art for, I’m happy to do anything? If you have something in mind tell me too.

The horde just look like normal tanks, but I would like a unique design for their leader. It could be an arras boss or something else. Also, I need a design for the void’s source, the voidmind, as well. Both of them are going to be bosses in the game, but the voidmind doesn’t even really need to look like arras. I was thinking of the voidmind having a bunch of tentacles that could inflict damage upon touch.

1 Like

Seems awesome! I’ll be sure to play it, as I am a secret fan of deip.io lol. What are you proggraming it in?

4 Likes

Godot Game Engine, gdScript(the default language for coding in godot)

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see it!

2 Likes

Do you have any ideas to suggest at all? If not, it’s fine. Either way, thank you :slight_smile:

Announcement: I plan to release a beta version of the game before the full version is released, so I can get necessary feedback and fix bugs or improve gameplay. It may release a couple of weeks before the full version.

1 Like

@Bedrockminer Here is some concept art of the Hive Mind you talked about with the tentacles →

2 Likes

Nice ideas. I see you incorporated some arras theme into it as well. I’ll make an official version based upon that but still feature you in the credits.

1 Like

not only did i get some players in arras to help me with ideas, but i also got concept art designers on replit helping with boss designs. this is amazing.

1 Like

@Bedrockminer you said you made some of the art in Scratch? I used Canva which is surprisingly good, but if it were me personally I would use Adobe Illustrator since it makes good graphics, or something like Procreate. Both Adobe Illustrator and Procreate are paid so you don’t have to use those, just a thought.

I already have procreate on my mobile device, however I want to make most things in vector. Although the void may be a pixel art theme or something else and probably not made in svg, although the tentacles will be animated in godot. For vector, I used to use vectornator, but they ruined themselves by making it not fully free and also requiring an account to do anything recently. Is canva a vector or png program, and does it require an additional account, or can you still use the drawing part without any account?

1 Like

@Bedrockminer Canva (an online software, canva.com) is free but you do need an account, unless you want pro-elements and stuff but I’ve gotten by fine without it, using shapes and stuff. It isn’t really drawing as it is manipulation of shapes. It is Vector/SVG but you can export as PNG. I also Canva for other things like School work Posters and Slideshows.

I actually think that I’m going to make a system for rendering and using tanks, since obviously there will be a tank editor.

1 Like