Intro to Programming Class

I have successfully used Replit in the past but not through the Education organization. I have just created my organization and my team for the course within my organization. I have invited students to the class via a CSV upload. While in class, I just want students to open a blank Python workspace to try things out. Kind of a scratch pad where students can follow along with some coding examples to get familiar with the interface. I don’t necessarily want to make a “Project” with a specs, a due date and all. What do you recommend?

Hi @DocLancor if all they need to do is play around in a repl, and it doesn’t need to be marked. Then I’d suggest just allowing them to create personal repls on their account, rather than within the team. What do you think?

1 Like

So then any repl they create will be public which is just fine. Is the only way for a students repl to be private is to make a Team Project. What should I do if it I give an exam? Do I have to present it as a Team project?

I’m sorry I don’t actually work with the Teams for edu product, so I’m not too sure. However, there are definitely some people on this forum who do, so hopefully they can help you!

Hi @DocLancor I use Teams for Edu with my CS high school and FE classes.

You could set up a project which contains the exam information / code and then publish it for the students when you are ready, unpublishing it after the exam ends.

Hope this helps.

In the Team for education organization create a blank project with you prefered language, and don’t setup due date and all in project itself give comment on line 1 to let them know for what this project can be used i.e. There workspace for scratch coding, after this add you students to this project and when they will open this it will create their private repl for submission only without any unit tests and submissions. - this will work as private scratch ground.

And for exams purposes you can do as @IanAtCSTeach suggested

For teaching and training purpose also you can set projects in modules to represent assignments or chapters