Install package / enable poetry

I need is the python ‘pandas’ package. Adding to nix did not work for me
and I cannot install pip for some reason. I tried the package manager but that doesn’t change anything. The issue might be from poetry. This is that repl: https://replit.com/@RikeshPatel3/Selenium-2#main.py

Try these in the shell

pip install pandas -U
poetry add pandas

If these do not work please provide the error

3 Likes

@dragonhunter1 Forked the project to try those.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/runner/chromeium/venv/bin/pip", line 5, in <module>
    from pip._internal.cli.main import main
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pip'

so I did the second command.

File "/home/runner/chromeium/venv/bin/poetry", line 5, in <module>
    from poetry.console import main
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'poetry'

Strange. There is no pip or poetry. Then, I created a new Python project and uploaded everything BUT the .replit and replit.nix files (and the other config, venv, and whatever). Didn’t work.

So I created yet ANOTHER Python project, this time I didn’t upload anything at all. pip and poetry work fine!

1 Like

@RikeshPatel3 I think I got it to work. https://replit.com/@doxr/ask

Now, pip and poetry work. There are no more errors.

Edit: to clarify, that project has all the files your old project did. It’s basically the same project. I think the error is because of old or faulty configuration or whatever. Don’t ask me, because I’m not the Python expert ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fork it to use.

2 Likes

So I removed the functionality of the replit because it has private info, but I needed it to use Selenium

from advanced_selenium_options import Chrome, By
driver = Chrome()

And when the replit is a Python app instead of ‘Selenium app’ (based on the app icon) that I forked, I get this error, which I solved by making this sacrifice of losing python and pip access I guess:

File "main.py", line 13, in <module>
    driver = Chrome()
  File "/home/runner/Selenium-4/advanced_selenium_options.py", line 87, in Chrome
    driver = AdvancedChrome(options=chromeOptions, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/runner/Selenium-4/advanced_selenium_options.py", line 76, in __init__
    super().__init__(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/runner/Selenium-4/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/chrome/webdriver.py", line 84, in __init__
    super().__init__(
  File "/home/runner/Selenium-4/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/chromium/webdriver.py", line 101, in __init__
    self.service.start()
  File "/home/runner/Selenium-4/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/common/service.py", line 100, in start
    self.assert_process_still_running()
  File "/home/runner/Selenium-4/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/common/service.py", line 113, in assert_process_still_running
    raise WebDriverException(f"Service {self._path} unexpectedly exited. Status code was: {return_code}")
selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: Service /home/runner/.cache/selenium/chromedriver/linux64/113.0.5672.63/chromedriver unexpectedly exited. Status code was: 127

This should fix your issue with chromedriver:

4 Likes

Yes I tried that before and it led to this error. Hence why I gave up and just forked a pre-made Selenium replit. It probably because I don’t have the latest chromedriver because all my code was working until last month, but uploading the latest chromedriver.exe wasn’t working:

File "main.py", line 13, in <module>
      driver = Chrome()
    File "/home/runner/Selenium-4/advanced_selenium_options.py", line 87, in Chrome
      driver = AdvancedChrome(options=chromeOptions, *args, **kwargs)
    File "/home/runner/Selenium-4/advanced_selenium_options.py", line 76, in __init__
      super().__init__(*args, **kwargs)
    File "/home/runner/Selenium-4/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/chrome/webdriver.py", line 84, in __init__
      super().__init__(
    File "/home/runner/Selenium-4/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/chromium/webdriver.py", line 104, in __init__
      super().__init__(
    File "/home/runner/Selenium-4/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/remote/webdriver.py", line 286, in __init__
      self.start_session(capabilities, browser_profile)
    File "/home/runner/Selenium-4/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/remote/webdriver.py", line 378, in start_session
      response = self.execute(Command.NEW_SESSION, parameters)
    File "/home/runner/Selenium-4/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/remote/webdriver.py", line 440, in execute
      self.error_handler.check_response(response)
    File "/home/runner/Selenium-4/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/remote/errorhandler.py", line 245, in check_response
      raise exception_class(message, screen, stacktrace)
  selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: unknown error: cannot find Chrome binary
  Stacktrace:
  #0 0x557efa2c02a3 <unknown>
  #1 0x557efa07ef77 <unknown>
  #2 0x557efa0a5047 <unknown>
  #3 0x557efa0a37d0 <unknown>
  #4 0x557efa0e40b7 <unknown>
  #5 0x557efa0e3a5f <unknown>
  #6 0x557efa0db903 <unknown>
  #7 0x557efa0aeece <unknown>
  #8 0x557efa0affde <unknown>
  #9 0x557efa31063e <unknown>
  #10 0x557efa313b79 <unknown>
  #11 0x557efa2f689e <unknown>
  #12 0x557efa314a83 <unknown>
  #13 0x557efa2e9505 <unknown>
  #14 0x557efa335ca8 <unknown>
  #15 0x557efa335e36 <unknown>
  #16 0x557efa351333 <unknown>
  #17 0x7f1431dc9e86 start_thread

Repls on Replit run Linux, so an exe file would do you no good.

3 Likes

Wow I must have not tried the linux version correctly. Thank you this way works for me!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.