Increase storage for the free tier

Replit already records user IPs, so that would be possible.

6 Likes

Well said, all of it.

I would like to expand upon this: there are times where it is helpful to fork OP’s project on Ask to better help them. I have linked my forks on Ask before, but am now forced to delete them to comply with storage limits. Thus, if anyone on Ask comes to see the solution I presented via a fork, it will simply not be there.

5 Likes

Or if you use Ask actively but not Replit. Ask and Replit both take time so I believe many of us only do one or the other. However, when those of us who work hard to help people on Ask want a place to code, if such a system was in place, we should be rewarded too even though we don’t code as much.

6 Likes

Replit is free for educators to use, so that shouldn’t affect schools.

3 Likes

It’s worth noting that many of us (including myself and @CoderElijah) have spent more time reading posts on Ask than any of the site moderators and admins who are employed by Replit.

3 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Do community members do more than paid staff on Ask?

We already do. A lot of them.

There is no paid EDU plan on Replit. Teams for EDU is completely free and there’s no upgraded tier of it. @DavidAtReplit

There is currently only 1 person that was a site mod before they worked at Replit where their job is T&S (Ray). And when we summon ask them to reply to a topic they do.

6 Likes

Please continue to disscus and share feedback on the change but please remember the community guidelines. Especially these rules

7 Likes

There is currently only 1 person that was a site mod before they worked at Replit where their job is T&S (Ray). And when we summon ask them to reply to a topic they do.

Actually Conner was a site mod before he started working at Replit.

8 Likes

We’re pretty laissez-faire with this forum so y’all can help each other out and we can focus on taking feedback from here and working on it :slight_smile: imagine if our engineers took 3-4 hours out of their work day to come here - we get no work done :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Tried to explain that lol

4 Likes

Um, there are two conners lol (ik which one though)

4 Likes

Actually, I think free storage is in a pretty good place right now.

Replit gives 10GiB for free.
Dropbox gives 2GB.
Google Drive gives 15GB
OneDrive gives 5GB.

Yes, these services are nothing like Replit. But they’re also backed by giant corporations (which Replit is not).
And you’re getting a lot for free with Replit. I do think that they should’ve communicated to us more about the changes, but overall free storage is pretty good.
As for paid, well…
Yeah, it’s not quite as good. But I don’t think it’s a massive issue. It’s annoying to clear out old repls, but once you’ve done it, you don’t really need to do it again and most projects won’t take you anywhere near the limit and you’ll be able to buy more storage with cycles soon.

7 Likes

He’s talking about Ironclad :}

5 Likes

im currently at around 30 GB which is 20 over the free limit. Ive only used replit on and off for around 2 1/2 years

2 Likes

The problem is that people are now having to practically purge their accounts because this was not known to be an issue years ago.

4 Likes

I think it would be cool if you could apply (and limit) google drive and onedrive as extra storage.

5 Likes

They did? I still only have 10gb of storage.

3 Likes

I see 10GB outbound data and 10GB storage on the free tier.

2 Likes

@9pfs1 @CoderElijah turns out you can buy extra storage, thats all :frowning: i was all excited about the replit announcment when I looged into replit and I didn’t read the whole thing :frowning:

4 Likes