Increase / add tip for bounty hunter

Describe your feature request
I want the ability to increase the payment to a bounty hunter working on my bounty.

What problem(s) would this feature solve?
Right now, if tasks are added to the project or I simply want to give the bounty hunter a tip, there isn’t a way to do so other than by using an off-platform channel.
Other freelancing platforms have the option to “tip” or simply adjust the bounty amount, and it would be in Replit’s best interest to add it too.

Thanks for considering.

5 Likes

you … can tip them though. They just must have a public “repl.” If you go to that user’s profile, you’ll see a bunch of repls (this is using the account @LZulb as an example)

click on one. The following will pop up:

2 Likes

This isn’t a good solution though because you can’t cash out that tip so it would definitely be a good idea to add a way to tip a bounty submission via the bounty page in a way that can be cashed out imo

7 Likes

Why not make life easier and let tips be cashed out? Tips are still earned by users (just like bounties), so shouldn’t they be able to be cashed out?

4 Likes

This has been talked about many times.

You don’t “earn” tips like how you “earn” bounties. You just need to get lucky.

You might say that Repls that get tips probably deserve it, but Idk what staff thinks about that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

Recently I’ve seen users creating a separate new bounty just to tip a good bounty hunter. The need for this is caused by a lack of any other way to pay bounty hunters. I think adding a feature where both the bounty hunter and poster can request changes to the price (and would have to agree) would be a great idea, as well as adding the ability to tip when a bounty poster accepts a submission.

4 Likes