Google Classroom Roster Import
Import student rosters from Google Classroom to Replit Teams for Education.
An error occurred. Please contact support.
Internal server error
Expected vs Current Behavior:
Expected authentication prompt so that students would be imported from Google Classroom.
Steps to reproduce:
Bug appears at this link: https://replit.com/teams/google-classroom
Browser/OS/Device: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.104.22.168 Safari/537.36
I have exactly the same problem
I have the same problem as well. This didn’t work last year also.
Hello, we have escalated this bug. As a workaround, please use the “Generate a team invite link” by following these steps:
- Go to your organization at replit.com/teams
- Go to the team you want to add students to
- Select “Manage team members”
- Select “Generate a team invite link”
5. Share the link with your students for that team.
We’ll update this post when we have fixed the bug.
The “team invite” solution is clunky, especially if we want students to be able to log in with their Google account. These were the steps I used today to add a class:
- Have students sign up for Replit with their Google Accounts.
- Ask each student for their account username (from the account menu, top right).
- Manually invite each account to the team.
This was a slow process, but it worked. By contrast, I could not get the team invite link to work properly with their Google login.
We have released a fix for this so please let me know if you are still seeing issues!