IB DP / OCR / AQA / Cambridge etc. Computer Science exam style practice problems in Repl

Hi All - I’m wondering how teachers like myself might be using Repl to support students preparing for final secondary Computer Science exams (under various systems)?

I’ve started to create some practice questions in N7 (www.n7.education - a free community curriculum mapped question bank) with answers linked to working examples in Repl (so that each coding question not only has an “official” pseudocode answer, but also a functional solution which can be executed / analysed / manipulated to support the learning process). FYI - Javascript is my instructional language of choice.

2 Likes

Hi, We are fairly new to repl but uses so far - creating HTML that is commented with exam type questions asking students to create external CSS to style the page. Python program which creates a database - with comments asking students to carry out queries with SQL . Also using for OOP using C# . I’ve created lesson resources but plan to create scenarios based upon past paper questions. Showing possible functional solutions to exam questions sounds like a great idea.
Tanya

3 Likes

Hey Tanya - some interesting uses there for sure - I’m especially interested in those exam style questions you mentioned. Out of curiosity, what course do you prepare most of your material for? Most of mine target the often common “Computational Thinking” criteria (IB DP Com Sci in particular). I made this one recently - an exam style extended response question backed up by a working Repl - https://www.n7.education/questions/3cd5f9dc-0627-40b4-8a20-52865f4f71be - making a bunch more at the moment so any feedback appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m teaching CS SL for the first time this year and am new to Repl. Would love to connect with others teaching IB CS SL.

2 Likes

Hey Pauline - welcome to join us on LinkedIn :slight_smile: we have an IB DP CS teachers group (300+ of us) where we share a bunch of IB DP CS oriented resources - Sign Up | LinkedIn

Might also like to check out www.n7.education - its a community question bank of practice exam questions you can use (or even develop repl exercise around for the pseudocode ones). All the questions are free but some of the mark schemes are with subscription

3 Likes