I want to left-align the images in the instructions.md file

Can someone please tell me what to do?

I am working on a curriculum for children in Replit. I would like it to be taught by cute characters. But I can’t place the images left aligned. And I want to put the dialogue on the right side of the character image, but I can’t get that to work either. How can I do that?

1 Like

Hey @Fuku welcome to the forums.

You can not align text natively in MD. And html is not supported so you are unable to that way.

What a cute idea to have the characters lead the class! @Fuku some HTML is supported in markdown, like the image you included, but aligning the image is not. Most educators will simply include a larger centered image on their page.

1 Like

@Fuku if you really wanted the image on the left and text next to it, you could use a table, but it’s up to you as to whether that looks any better than what you currently have :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you all for the advice.
Replit is really great. It has the necessary environment to teach code.
I understand that eliminating the restrictions is a security risk.
Along with that, I also know that using cute characters is an effective way for 10 year olds to learn to code.
And I am thankful. for the translation tools that help me with my poor English.

2 Likes

Welcome @Fuku this is a lovely idea to deliver the curriculum to younger children.

If you used an image editing package e.g. Pixlr to add the dialog to the image you could paste it into the markdown file and there wouldn’t be a need for aligning. Would this help?

Thanks for letting me know.
But I don’t know what to add the dialog to the image.
If you don’t mind, could you please let me know?

Hi. Like this:

3 Likes

Ah, I see what you mean.

1 Like