I want block code so coding is easier

Describe your feature request

What problem(s) would this feature solve?

hmmmmmm :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request

Replit Profile: https://replit.com/@**strong text**

So what’s the feature request? To block specific code?

Please always make sure to answer all the questions.

I believe @AbdulazizMoha26 wants block-based code, like Scratch, as an easier way to add and create code inside a file.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums @AbdulazizMoha26 I’m not sure that this will become a feature, but I suppose someone could make a replit extension for this if you ask them, or you can do it yourself when replit extensions is out of beta.

1 Like

If they mean to use command blocks, I doubt Replit would go in that direction but who knows? In the past I’ve used Code.org and Scratch for school, both of which are very nice command block coding platforms. Now I code on Replit.
Also BTW the link doesn’t work in the original post. And why is that image in the second post? I’m so confused at what’s being asked here.

1 Like

I’m making a Replit extension for having Scratch inside the editor.

4 Likes

This’d be impossible to implement afaik

1 Like

Why? Scratch doesn’t allow embedding, but Turbowarp does plus it’s way faster.

1 Like

Think about it. You’d have to make some kind of way to oversimplify every language until it’d be useless without hiding things from users.

1 Like

I’m not adding blocks to existing programming languages (although I like the idea). I’m simply letting users make, run and package Scratch projects in the editor.

Just make an extension…

I am, I’m making a Replit extension.

1 Like

Describe your feature request
I want block code on replit similar to scratch

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
Trying to make a colony sim

3 Likes

@BigZ4 Welcome to the community!
Block coding is not a real language, and if you would like to use block code, feel free to, but Replit will never add this feature. If you would like to learn to code, I’d be sure to check out w3schools.com!

1 Like

How do you know that they will never add it? I never heard Replit staff saying that

4 Likes

Blockly directly converts to javascript, so if you want to host a blockly project on replit, best choice would be to convert the scratch blockly to javascript. Currently, replit’ts team of staff probably can’t might this happen because it could possibly take too much time and effort.

However, this might help you out:
https://leopardjs.com

if you want to host the code from a scratch creation on replit, just copy and paste the output of it from this website. (just dont forget the assets)

4 Likes

I personally think it’s unlikely that Replit will add this feature, but who knows? :person_shrugging:

You could just stick to scratch or look for alternative block-coding apps/websites, like Microsoft MakeCode.

4 Likes

these replies don’t add new information to this original topic and were moved in by mistake

That might actually work. Thank you!

3 Likes

Honestly doing block code would probably appeal to the young kids migrating from Scratch just because they have retro bowl here lol

But @AbdulazizMoha26 they 99% could not do this because there are so many available languages on Replit that it would be very hard to custom hand make blocks for each language and every single function of them. Someone could maybe write a Replit extension that can build files with block code, which would be more likely to happen. But yeah overall, save block coding for Scratch, and yeah.

3 Likes