I need to introduce myself :-)

I see i need to do an intro. But as I am an old grumpy guy, i do not fancy these things.
My nick is basically my name. Yes, this means if you google it you might find the real me.

My first real program was a game in assembler for a VIC20 when I was 8. This means, I am less young than most here :slight_smile:
My most complex so far was (real product) a distributed federated ML system for detecting local trends and anomalies from a varieties of sensors (C, JS, GO, CUDA and Python).
This explains why if you ask me what languages i have used you get a never ending list.

As I am busy building my third start-up, now I program for fun or to help kids learning python, C, rust, go, GameMaker, etc etc
One of my kids asked me to make a Football Manager in python so he can learn and play and this is how i ended up in replit.

7 Likes

Wow you’re quite a bit older than us, please share your knowledge and pass it down to a younger generation :smiley:

3 Likes

feeling even more :older_adult:

3 Likes

Lol I’m sorry um Mr. fellow kid

3 Likes

My cofounder and I go around using this to refer to us (and I am the younger of the two)

Statler_and_Waldorf_2

3 Likes

Please do not post inappropriate content, looking at the s word here. Also (other thing fixed)

5 Likes

There was no S word, but hey please fix as it suits best.

1 Like

Oh he’s not talking about the expletive he’s talking about the reproductive method

2 Likes

No prob.
It was still there btw i deleted it.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community lol. Most of us are 5 year olds acting like smort people so there’s no bad words allowed. Have fun here!

8 Likes

So I will be the boring gran-grandpa :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nah that’s anybody with an account over 2 years old here.

4 Likes

Replit or ask account?

2 Likes

Well … age-wise not sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Done.

Nice dog lad.

1 Like

I know that dog is a real sweetie,

3 Likes