I need ideas for C project

I just finished learning C on W3 Schools, and now I have absolutely no idea on what to do with my knowledge.
PS. I am staying in C for a while, so please don’t suggest C++ or C#.

3 Likes

Create an IRC server in C!

??? What is an IRC server? Also, I don’t know a lot about libraries other than bools and prints. . .

IRC = Internet Relay Chat

:confused: I still don’t get it. Can you explain it to me. . .?

Internet Relay Chat is a text-based chat system for instant messaging. IRC is designed for group communication in discussion forums, called channels, but also allows one-on-one communication via private messages as well as chat and data transfer, including file sharing. Wikipedia - Google

My rough translation of that:
IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is a chat system. It is designed for group communication in “channels” (discussion forums), but also allows private messages. It also supports file transfers.

. . . . . . . um, where can I find a tutorial for that?

have you seen the W3Schools C tutorial? no way in hell heck can you learn to make an entire chat app from that

2 Likes

Make a ai + web scraping program which gets data on an inputted subject from multiple sources then combines it using ai

Or, alternatively, since C++ speed go brrr, you could do something relating to algorithms.

You should make data structures in C like a list or a hashmap

C++ is not fast… Why would you think it was?

well c++ is faster than most languages in terms of computing speed

firstly it’s compiled
secondly it’s a systems programming language

It’s not as fast as C (and is far more complex and awkward than C)

that doesn’t mean it’s not fast
by that logic c isn’t a fast language either because assembly (if written correctly) would be fastest

1 Like

Anyway, they said that they didn’t want C++

Personally, I don’t like C++

That was a typo at first. I like C, but don’t like C++.

what do you think of making data structures in C?

. . . what are data structures?

EDIT: I know, I should know this by now after working with Python for a year.

data structures are things that contain primitive types

Think dicts, lists, and sets in python. Those are ‘classes’, so someone had to write them.
Why don’t you write them yourself to get a better feel for them?

I suggest searching up linkedlist implementation, hashmap implementation.