I need help with my bot

Hello! I am making a bot for my discord but I need help. When I run the code it gives me this is my console "TypeError: Botbase.__init__() Missing 1 required keyword-only argument: "intents"

Hey, @theocrous113 welcome to the forums!

Can you please provide a link to the repl? This way it is easier for staff and members of the community to help you!

Also see this guide on how to share your code:

Hello and welcome to Ask @theocrous113!

All discord bots now require Intents to be passed to them when created, for example:

client = discord.Client(intents=32767)

As a note, you should not use this in production, as this states that your bot requires all permissions/intents, but it could be used while you’re setting up your bot.
Here is a link to an intent calculator, so you don’t have to use all of the intents.

1 Like

You do not need to use an intent calculator, discord.py Intents handles optional arguments, such as guilds=True, members=True, etc. I feel like this is better since using an intent calculator and using the int is rather unreadable compared to this.

1 Like

This one is kind of a weird case, I actually almost didn’t post my normal reply, because it seems to be some other package that’s a wrapper around the main one?

1 Like

Botbase is just the class that Bot/AutoShardedBot inherits from; it’s discord.py still.

1 Like