I linked a domain to replit but how can i add www.inforunt of domain

such as i linked domain.com to replit, but when i visit with www.domain.com ,it show 404
how to add it , thank you very much.

You need to own the domain you have linked, there seems to be something already hosted at that domain so I would assume you don’t own it.

as new user , i can input 2 links , so i make “.” to be “dot”
i am the owner of domain . i add txt record into the domain, and when i use “xxxndot com “.it goes well. but when i add” www dot xxx dot com” it goes server 404.
xxx dot com is a example , i use another domain.
thank you very much

1 Like

as new user , i can not input 2 links , so i make “.” to be “dot”

1 Like

For the root domain (domain.com):

1. Click the pencil icon on your Repl and add the root domain (domain.com).
  2. Create an A record (called either “domain.com” or just “@”, depending on your provider) in the domain provider’s DNS panel pointing to Replit’s IP (34.132.134.162 I think).

For the www. subdomain (www.example.com):

1. Click the pencil again and create another domain link and add the www. subdomain (www.domain.com).
  2. Create a CNAME record called “www” in the domain provider’s DNS panel pointing to the root domain (domain.com).

You can now visit the Repl at both www.domain.com and just domain.com.

Edit: If you use Cloudflare proxy (orange cloud), you will need to add the TXT record that your Repl gives you as well.

1 Like

hi robsd
in my DNS panel when i point to IP 34.132.134.162 , it auto add www ftp and mail .domain .com to IP too
now i deleted the www.domain.com add a new CNAME record, then i add a TXT record too ,it show this message at photos

thank you very much

1 Like

I found a new way , thank you very much guys. merry chrismas

2 Likes

Glad to hear you got it sorted, was going to suggest maybe you had duplicate DNS records, likely the TXT, as they would clash. I sometimes forget about the TXT records haha. Merry Christmas too!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.