I have trouble importing datatable (a pandas alternative) on replit

I installed datatable on the shell using pip without problems.

import datatable as dt
But anytime the interpreter gets to the line to import the datatable, this error pops up
ImportError: /nix/store/mdck89nsfisflwjv6xv8ydj7dj0sj2pn-gcc-11.3.0-lib/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30’ not found (required by /home/runner/WPF/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/datatable/lib/_datatable.cpython-310-x86_64-linux-gnu.so)

What should I do?

Try downgrading datatable.

1 Like

And on Replit, it’s recommended to use poetry instead of pip.

2 Likes

Hey there, @ASTRONOE! Sorry you ran into this issue

As @QwertyQwerty88 suggested, installing datatable by way of poetry (or upm, our unified package manager interface) imports cleanly.

I used the Packages interface (shown here) to install datatable

after that my example project of

import datatable as dt

print(dt)

executed cleanly.

That being said, I’m not sure why datatable wasn’t automatically guessed by upm, I’ll take a look at that! Thanks for bringing it up!

1 Like

your repl uses the legacy system. As explained here, it’s recommended to update your config.

1 Like

Hi …Are you able to assist me in any way if possible?

I don’t understand. Am I to to create a new virtual environment in the project

To “update” your repl’s configuration, you would just move all of your code to a new repl (not forking). (The configuration of the repl is located in the hidden files .replit and replit.nix .)

Or move new config .replit and replit.nix files to an old Repl, and fix the python version in pyproject.toml. (Also rm -rf the venv dir)

2 Likes