I have a question about the replit tos

So this dude is upset because someone liked their post on alt, now keep in mind that this dude has hundreds of followers and is constantly trending whenever he posts a new game. And he says it’s “farming” and against TOS, but I couldn’t find anything in the TOS that says liking his post on an alt is against TOS.

2 Likes

@not-ethan thoughts on this matter?

1 Like

I think the person who owns that alt account would be punished if they are liking based on the user (and/or to annoy them). But if they are liking because the repls are good it would be fine. Better to ask a site mod though @RayhanADev

2 Likes

The guy who is “farming” is ***** (not-ethan saw it but now censored for reasons), and you can tell by looking at his profile that he doesn’t have to farm.

2 Likes

XXXXX doesn’t “farm” CodingElf is just upset because the current trending algo can be triggered by just liking in the first hour with an alt @Sky

2 Likes

HIDE THE USER @bigminiboss lkajsdlkjaslkd…

1 Like

I used the truncated name, but ok O_O

2 Likes

@RayhanADev , thoughts on this matter (I was told to ask you since you’re a on-site mod)

1 Like

I meant the old TOS (https://replit.com/talk/announcements/Community-Rules-and-Guidelines-README/135633) from 2 years ago. Also, what do you mean by “keep in mind that this dude has hundreds of followers and is constantly trending whenever he posts a new game”? That has nothing to do with him farming his alt. What I’m saying is that @*** farmed, and that this was probably how his repls got Trending. All it takes is a single like within a few minutes and it’ll be on Trending and/or Community Hot.

1 Like

Can we please not call out users publicly? It is fine to discuss this but don’t share the username and refer to them as xxx or something like that.

2 Likes

That is simply liking his own post, which many people do. Let us now discuss how you stated this is against various platform TOS. However, most platforms allow you to like your own post and they do nothing about it.

2 Likes

Why would someone be upset if someone else’s alt liked their post…?

2 Likes

I think the implication is the alt is liking the main account’s post (so it’s the same user using a separate account to like their own content) which is, in all honesty, kind of dodgy.

1 Like

@prisems it’s more to do with the fact that some people find that it’s not fair because if you have an alt you can immediately surface the repl to trending by liking with your alt right after publishing

1 Like

He believes it is farming, but it is not. I have numerous examples. There are no rules on platforms like tiktok, instagram, or twitter for liking your own post on an alt. But, even if they did, they aren’t enforcing it, which means it isn’t really bothering people.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think there is a problem with it… and it’s not against the rules.

2 Likes

Yes it is. Him farming gets his repl an automatic spot in the Community “Hot” section, which isn’t fair to other users. Also, have you seen this repl? (https://replit.com/@CodingElf66/Like-Counter?c=695857) This user has been farming for probably all of his repls, and probably wouldn’t have been popular if he didn’t farm.

1 Like

If it’s considered “farming”, it’s not against the rules, and it’s not his fault that the trending algo is… odd.

1 Like

Interesting discussion here. I think it should be linked to the other discussion about community trending as it’s undoubtedly a related side-effect. Thank you for highlighting this issue, I can confirm it’s not against TOS.

3 Likes

@CodingElf66 Ian said this ^