I got access to replit extensions!

YAHOOOO!!! look forward to some kewl things :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Same :slight_smile: but it’s a bit broken unfortunately. See my post: "Failed to load extension manifest"

7 Likes

No clue what that is, but intrigued.

4 Likes

You see, on replit’s mission to become the best cloud ide (it is to me), they decided to allow users to make extensions. It’s currently in beta though

4 Likes

Ok. But what can you do with extensions? I mean turn a repl into an extension of a browser?

3 Likes

I got it too, can’t wait to make something

2 Likes

me three i am working on something wanna help giggapoggers

2 Likes

It is quite similar to VSCode extensions. They help improve your experience while programming in the workspace.

5 Likes

I see, nice. Looking forward to what to what you guys will cook up. I hate JS/node and alike so hard pass.

6 Likes

I got access too! Can’t wait to start messing around with things… and probably breaking stuff… :laughing:

4 Likes

This will be so cool! I’m just not sure what I want to try and make first!

I’m looking into translating it into python :eyes:

2 Likes

That’s the fun part :slight_smile:

3 Likes

ME TOO! it’s the best part :smiley: (replit plz don’t ban me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Seeing this topic just makes me more and more jealous that I haven’t got in yet lmao. Im sooo eager

1 Like

Imagine making an extension that somehow abuses something that Replit overlooked to set up a two-way socket and communicate with a helper program running in a repl

I wonder if you could do something like this

mkfifo input
mkfifo output
cat input|bash -i 2>&1>output

(And then read from output and write to input in the extension)

This is hilariously ironic. I literally just got access to the Replit Extension Beta Program.

I am SO excited to get started.

2 Likes

did you apply? if so, be patience (it took me a day to get it lol)

1 Like

Yeah I applied several days ago and just got access :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes