I get to the registration page when I click the Log In button

Problem description:
When I logged out of my Replit account, I went from the main page to the “DefCraft in a Repl” repl, I clicked on the Log In button in the upper right corner and got to the Sign Up page, and vice versa, when I clicked on the Sign Up button, I got to the login page.

Expected behavior:
When I click on the Log In button, I will be taken to the login page. When I click on the Sign Up button, I will be taken to the registration page.

Actual behavior:
When I click on the Log In button, I get to the registration page. When I click on the Sign Up button, I get to the login page.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Log out of your Replit account.

2. From the main page, select any repl.

3. Click on the Log In button in the upper right corner.

4. You will be taken to the registration page.

Bug appears at this link: https://replit.com/@phil-mac/DefCraft-in-a-Repl?v=1

Browser: Yandex Browser (cromium)
Device (Android, iOS, n/a leave blank):
Plan (Free, Hacker, Pro Plan): Free

1 Like

Hi @KAlexK ! Can you Inspect that link (Right-click and click ‘Inspect’), and screenshot the anchor (<a>) element?
Thanks!

Yes, of course.

@ShaneAtReplit @KAlexK It is very interesting. Both buttons lead to the signup page, but the login button flashes the login page for a split second. This registers the URL, so if you press the back button from the signup page (if you pressed the buggy login button), you’ll end up at the login page. That’s not all. If you go back another time to the repl, and click the Signup button again, it leads you to the login page. Breakthrough!
Something is probably overriding the buttons? Idk.

Hey all!

That is very strange! Would you mind sending me a screen recording (we recommend loom.com) of the issue so I can get a better idea of how it happens and what it looks like on your end?

1 Like

Yes, of course.

Thank you, that helped a bunch! I was able to reproduce the issue and have sent it to the team. I will let you know once I have an update.

1 Like

hey @KAlexK thanks for the report! This is now fixed.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.