I get a privacy error every time I try to view my deployed repl

Problem description:
I get a privacy error every time I try to view my deployed repl

Expected behavior:
when I got to the-bookshelf.replit.app, I should go to my published repl, as under Deplymets > Overview >Production > Domains, on my repl, the link displayed is “https://the-bookshelf.replit.app/

Actual behavior:
When I got to that link, I get a warning from my browser saying
“Attackers might be trying to steal your information from [website name] (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards)” (sorry I can only plug in two links because I’m a “new user”(?))

Steps to reproduce:
go to [The link aforementioned]

Bug appears at this link:
[aforementioned link]



Plan (Free, Hacker, Pro Plan):

1 Like

Hi @DigitalKandra , welcome to the forums!
This may be because of your firewall or school restrictions, not allowing you to access the website.
If this answers your question, you can mark this post as a Solution.

1 Like

also my analytics > requests, are all coming back as failed


1 Like

@NateDhaliwal nope, it’s the browser blocking the connection. Here is the advanced reason

the-bookshelf.replit.app normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Chrome tried to connect to the-bookshelf.replit.app this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be the-bookshelf.replit.app, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit the-bookshelf.replit.app right now because the website uses HSTS.


the weird thing is, it was working just fine, then this started happening.

1 Like

Works fine for me on Firefox and when I try to visit it on Chrome McAfee complains once, but I can still see the site

1 Like

strange, I still get the same error.

It seems to be working fine for me in Chrome on Windows.


It is because for some reason, Chrome on your device for some reason thinks your site runs on an HTTP domain, when it should run on a HTTPS domain for security.
On my browser, it shows up on a HTTPS domain, so not sure why it doesn’t on your end.

1 Like