I can't install pandas because of some GLIBC dependencies

hello guys,
i cant install pandas, it says that the pandas version 2.2.0 is not compatible with GLIBC 2.38
The AI said : You may need to resolve the GLIBC library version issue or consider using a different version of pandas that matches the system’s dependencies.
but it still didn’t work with other version of pandas like pandas@1.0.0 or pandas@3.0.0

Hi @IqbalAhmadi , welcome to the forums!
Try doing what was suggested in this post:

Thank you @NateDhaliwal
it works.

I also face problem with pyarrow wich doesn’t exist in pandas@2.2.0 and it wants to install pandas3@.0.0 then what should I do for installing pandas version 3.0.0. it also has some dependencies. I cant install it .

Hi folks. We pushed an upgrade that seems to be causing this issue. We’re going to revert the changes shortly.

2 Likes

Try entering poetry update pyarrow pandas in the Shell maybe? Or just poetry update pandas?

I have this error with packager after installing pandas@2.2.0

--> poetry env list --full-path
/nix/store/7q1b1bsmxi91zci6g8714rcljl620y7f-bash-5.2-p15/bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries: __vdso_gettimeofday: invalid mode for dlopen(): Invalid argument

and console error:

/nix/store/xf54733x4chbawkh1qvy9i1i4mlscy1c-python3-3.10.11/bin/python3: error while loading shared libraries: __vdso_gettimeofday: invalid mode for dlopen(): Invalid argument

@IqbalAhmadi Please see the post here:

2 Likes