HTML webview does not reflect code

Problem description:
• HTML repls are not rendering in Webview

Expected behavior:
• HTML to render

Actual behavior:
• The webview renders a blank page and returns a “Safari could not establish a secure connection to the server” message and an “[website] unexpectedly closed the connection.” in Chrome.

Steps to reproduce:
• All Replit HTML webview renders are blank

Bug appears at this link:
https://rockstar-weekly-website.courtney1723.repl.co
https://discordwebsite--beingyt1437.repl.co

Browser/OS/Device:
Browser: Safari (16.3) && Google Chrome (110.0.5481.100 )
Device: Macbook Air M1, 2020 && iPhone 13

Doesn’t seem to be a webview issue.

4 Likes

I think it’s a problem with the websites themselves, not the webview.

3 Likes

Sometimes it takes a long time for my webview to reflect changes to my Repl, especially when using servers (Python Flask and NodeJS). I like to open the website in a new tab to avoid this issue. I also sometimes have trouble with the secure connection error, but usually clicking the back button on the tab, refreshing, then going forward and refreshing fixes it for me.

1 Like

Did you click the run button, also is this a node js repl or a html repl.

1 Like

I definitely clicked the run button and restarted the repl using “kill 1” in shell. It’s an HTML repl. The exact same code works in the VSCode HTML preview tab and the github version: Rockstar Weekly . So, I know it’s an issue with Replit.

I would agree with you but it’s been over 24 hours since the repl has loaded and I haven’t changed any code in 3 days. Also, the exact same code work as a github io (Rockstar Weekly).

Hey @courtney1723!

I apologize for this issue. Your Repls were misconfigured on our end, which we have just resolved. Please let me know if you’re still seeing the issue!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! The issue is fixed now. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.