How to make an AI

LessonHacker made a video about it in Replit’s YT Channel, You can watch it here.

You can use Google Colab, it has large storage space and everything you need to train AI, there are many tutorials on Youtube on how to train AI on text with it.

I forgot to mention that I’d rather not use openAI. I want something free that I don’t have to keep getting keys for.

2 Likes

If there’s something like OpenAI but free, mention me

2 Likes

Mention me too! I have been trying to find an OpenAI alternative but have had no luck.

1 Like

I found something earlier today, but I couldn’t get it to work.

It is worth learning from scratch including the maths. Otherwise look at google or other tools that make it all for you and given code and model.

2 Likes

That would be fun, although it would be lacking and not up to par with some of the other AIs in use on Replit. This may still be the best option, though I currently lack the time to build an AI from scratch.

I’ve been doing this and only got a broken code.

I first learnt the basics and them moved to PyTorch. It does help as it makes it very easy to know what to do and after a few models, you basically have a template code you can use most of the times

@anon40284853 tensorflow is free

It also doesn’t work for me.

1 Like

Use google colab, it works

I gotta figure that out first. That’s why you’re here: to help me figure it out.

3 Likes

It’s like python, and in something called a Jupyter notebook

1 Like

Colab is just Jupiter notebooks, you still need tensor flow or pytorch …

1 Like

This looks promising: https://replit.com/talk/learn/Introduction-to-Machine-Learning-with-Python-and-Replit/10417
I think I am starting to get a grasp on what the numbers do.

1 Like

…or a good tutorial :grin:

1 Like

you probably need both

2 Likes
  1. Understand the basic AI model, which is basically |input → neural layer → output|
  2. Start developing the AI (either using modules or from scratch)
  3. Understand that this is a very hard task to do without proper practice.
  4. Finish bot, which takes either 2 months or 1 year.
  5. Save, publish, and enjoy!
2 Likes

Perhaps we could “mount” the model for gpt-neo-1.3B or something similar locally and then the Python and JavaScript community could get familiar with using “AI” text generation.

The (above) model is rather large, so copying and running on each instance is prohibitive. But if the model were in a common local location, that would make it feasible to run it.

Just a thought.
Nomon

1 Like