How to make a sprite show and how to connect a script to it (C#)

I am new to coding and I want to know how to make a sprite show and connect it to a script. I am using c# BTW

Hi @CalebParr1 welcome to the community and thanks for your question.

If you are new to coding perhaps jumping into making sprites appear on the screen will be challenging. However have a look at some of the coding tutorials online e.g. C# Tutorial – Create a simple platform game in visual studio | Moo ICT – Project Based Tutorials for inspiration. Good luck!

Hello @CalebParr1

In C#, you can use the UnityEngine.SpriteRenderer class to display a sprite in your game. Here is an example of how to create a simple script to display a sprite:

1. Create a new script and name it “SpriteShow”.
  2. In the script, add the following code to the class:

using UnityEngine;

public class SpriteShow : MonoBehaviour
{
    public SpriteRenderer sprite;
    void Start()
    {
        sprite = GetComponent<spriteRenderer>();
        sprite.enabled = true;
    }
}

3. Attach the script to the object you want the sprite to be displayed on.
4. In the Unity Editor, drag and drop the sprite you want to display into the "Sprite" field in the "SpriteRenderer" component.
5. In the script, you can use the sprite.enabled = false to hide the sprite, and sprite.enabled = true to show it again.
6. Finally, you can use the script to control the sprite, for example show it when a certain event occurs or when a certain condition is met.

if (condition == true)
{
    sprite.enabled = true;
}
else
{
    sprite.enabled = false;
}

Note that this is just a basic example and you can further customize your script as per your requirement.

let me know if it helps

hope it helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.