How to Make a Blog?

Question:
So I am wondering how could I make a free functional blog using HTML, CSS, and JS, since I am trying to make a blog for updates on PHYAL? I have looked on how to make one and can’t find anything more than just for looks. It would be helpful if I could use some kind of tutorial/article or a video on making one.

What about coding your own blog?

2 Likes

consider using software such as writefreely, etc.

1 Like

Thats what I am talking about doing, I just need some help finding some resources to do this.

This is the self-hosting tutorial for WriteFreely.

I am trying to host on a repl, but am running into issues. If you want to give it a shot feel free to try

1 Like

Didn’t you try Wordpress?
But what’s the issue? Just code it like you would normally do it. If I know anyone who’s good at CSS, it’s you.

I did try originally making it in Wordpress, 1. It makes a whole website and I just want the blog, 2. It’s also unfamiliar and just feel like making it. What I am asking for is how to use something like JS to make it functional.

3 things:

1. What’s the difference between a website and blog? Isn’t a blog also a website?
  2. Do you just want a website that posts updates of your program?
  3. What would you want to achieve with the JS? (I would suggest using Python Flask as the backend though)
  1. I meant the Wordpress came with an extra website with the blog attached, I just wanted the blog. Sorry if I wasn’t clear.
  2. I basically do want that, I could just do it manually, but I think it could be a cool experience to make my own Blog or at the very least make the posts on the website through normal text instead of writing code every time I want to add updates.
  3. I know I should use Flask, but I want to host the website for Free like on GitHub Pages or something so I would need a Static Website (hence achieving functionality through JavaScript), never have been able to get Vercel working.
1 Like

Have you tried Blogger?

2 Likes

@Fairies0feast I’m trying it out, and I think it’s going to work. Thanks! Once I get a post or two out I will share it here.

I deicded to make the blog about programming in general but I will probably talk about my framework

2 Likes