How to get a website ranked on Google?

I know this doesn’t got anything to do with your post, but how exactly do you get your website ranked on Google? I’ve had a website for over a year, and it isn’t being ranked yet… Is it analytics, like how many viewers there are on the website? @CoderGautamYT

Typically, SEO optimization. Here’s a SEO guide a found on Google: Beginner’s Guide to SEO (Search Engine Optimization) - Moz

2 Likes

So, I used to have a website nltesting.netlify.app and basically, I had to use their search console for them to even acknowledge that my website existed. Then, I just had to have the right search terms and after…two years now?..I’m now #1 spot on Google and Bing when you search “nextlevel quizzes”. Idrk how I did it! I kinda just logged into both of their search consoles, let them know I exist, and as time passed, my site was the most relevant out of any of the results.

See that’s probably the key. Especially because “nextlevel quizzes” wasn’t a common term (which is why my site didn’t show when you searched “next level quizzes”). You need to have an uncommon term and keep the site the most relevant out of any result. (The other ones were just fun quizzes for Jumanji: The Next Level, which are made by people who have no idea how to rank their small little game, so mine did best).

It may also help to have something related to your site on a more common platform (i.e. post a video about it on YouTube, make a subreddit for your website, etc.) Not only might this boost up things that have those terms, but also, if someone doesn’t find your website, they can just click onto one of the social media accounts of your website and click the link from there.

Basically you need to have meta tags in your html: check out my post on this

Real life example: Pasta House Game Shack

It has many tags which contain a lot of keywords related to most popular games, complete with…

1. All SEO stuff
  2. POPULARITY. I got this site on fire bc like thousands of unknown people were using it. The more people who use it, the more new users you get.
2 Likes

I…didn’t even realize I added any meta tags! Wow!

Yeah that probably helps then. I put all the keywords that it comes up with;

2 Likes

Keywords are ignored by search engines, due to how many people put unrelated keywords, therefore the keywords met tag is useless.

2 Likes

Oh ok, then my theory may be more accurate. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Also, since Google was originally called BackRub, then having backlinks might help too. Which is maybe why my website is #1 because I made so many social media profiles with the link to it on the profile. (Since Twitter and Reddit are popular, links on there are also considered relevant I think)

1 Like

To improve your website’s Google ranking, start with the basics. Firstly, make sure your content is top-notch and relevant to your target audience. High-quality, informative, and engaging content is more likely to rank well.
Now, back to the duplicate content checker. It’s essential because Google penalizes websites with duplicate or near-identical content. Using such a tool can help you identify and rectify any issues in this regard.
Keyword research is another vital step. Understand the keywords your potential visitors are searching for, and incorporate them naturally into your content. Tools like Google’s Keyword Planner can be very helpful in this regard.

1 Like

Well, achieving a higher ranking on Google necessitates a holistic and ongoing commitment to search engine optimization (SEO). A website can enhance its visibility and authority in search engine results by conducting thorough keyword research, creating high-quality and relevant content, optimizing technical aspects, building a strong backlink profile, and ensuring a positive user experience. Regular monitoring, adaptation to algorithm changes, and focus on user satisfaction contribute to sustained improvements in Google rankings over time.
Patience and a strategic and comprehensive approach are key to navigating the dynamic landscape of SEO and achieving long-term success in online visibility.
I also came across this post, where the author talks about lead generation, which can help you rank your website on Google.
Thanks

5 Likes

2 things: Patience, and good content. Using this I was able to grow my site from no google rankings now consistently 200-500 clicks every single day in about 4 months

If u want more tips add me on Discord (codergautam)

5 Likes