Like I’m going to buy a domain, but will the website even show up in searches or is it worth finding a different hosting platform (any advice?)
Updated after checking with eng:
Yes, hosted (always-on), and deployed Repls can be indexed by search engines.
Bard AI advice:
Here are some ways to get indexed by a search engine:
- Submit a sitemap to Google Search Console. A sitemap is a file that tells search engines about the pages on your website. You can create a sitemap using a variety of tools, such as Google XML Sitemaps or Screaming Frog.
- Make sure your website is well-linked. When other websites link to yours, it tells search engines that your website is important and relevant. You can build links by guest blogging, participating in forums, and sharing your content on social media.
- Submit your homepage to Google Search Console. You can do this by going to the Indexing tab in Google Search Console and clicking on the Submit URL button.
- Use relevant keywords in your content. When you’re writing content for your website, make sure to use keywords that people are likely to search for. You can use a keyword research tool to help you find the right keywords.
- Optimize your title tags and meta descriptions. The title tag and meta description are two of the most important parts of your website when it comes to search engine optimization (SEO). Make sure to include relevant keywords in these tags so that search engines can better understand what your content is about.
- Keep your website up-to-date. Search engines like to see that websites are updated regularly. This shows that your website is active and relevant. Make sure to add new content to your website on a regular basis.
Following these tips will help you get indexed by search engines and improve your chances of ranking for relevant keywords.
Here are some additional tips:
- Use descriptive URLs. Your URLs should be descriptive and easy to understand. This will help search engines understand what your content is about.
- Make your website mobile-friendly. More and more people are using their mobile devices to search the web. Make sure your website is optimized for mobile so that it can be easily viewed on smartphones and tablets.
- Use social media. Sharing your content on social media can help you get more exposure and attract links from other websites.
- Be patient. It takes time for search engines to index your website. Don’t expect to see results overnight. Just keep creating quality content and promoting your website, and you’ll eventually start to see your rankings improve.
Will non-deployed repls be crawled? Just checking
Updated my post above for clarity.
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.