How do you Organize Your Course?

I am just switching form a different platform for my Python class and I am trying to find the best way to organize lessons.

Right now I have a Unit called “1.5” that has four projects in it, two examples and then two exercises. I’m worried that at this pace there will just be too many projects for the students (and myself) to keep track of.

What has been your strategy?

1 Like

This is my first crack at the teams version of replit (I use java), and I am preferring at this time to make my projects small, and have more short exercises. My “units” are called “modules”, which introduce a small subset of new topics each week. I am thinking that by midterm, as the projects get longer and more complicated, the modules will persist longer than a week. The whole course is project-based, but I would also like to introduce some short questions, especially ones for predicting output and tracing code. I thought there would be a replit way of doing this, but I have other ways to do it also.

2 Likes

You can find some examples of how others have organized their materials in our Curriculum Hub! There are some great resources by @patilsandeep @MissStrong @sangmin @AndyColley @Malcolm_Eckel and others who may also be open to sharing their strategies here

1 Like

Really simple for me, I break my courses down by programming technique and then plan PRIMM activities for each one.

For example, the topic of selection (IF… else) would have Predict & Run, Investigate, Modify and Make tasks nested under it.

2 Likes