How do I start making a mobile+desktop learning app

i need to build an app please help

Please explain in more detail what you want. Do you want a desktop app, mobile app, web app? What programming language are you most comfortable with?

2 Likes

first a mobile app and the later to transform it to desktop app

What programming languages do you know/are comfortable with?

java programme but only as a starter

There are many different types of apps you can build and you will have to think about what type you are wanting to build. You can also choose between coding an app from scratch or using an app builder for a no-code option.

What kind of app are you interested in building?

An app is really just a name for a program, so when you make a program, you’re also making an app!

an app that can be used for learning and record keeping

1 Like

You would want something like MongoDB for that then.

how do i start to make one

1 Like

That’s a complicated answer, but I’ll break it down for you (click the step to see more info on it):

1. Choose a language

In my personal experience, Python is a pretty good language to start if you’re looking for a terminal based experience. If you want a web based app, I would recommend NodeJS with HTML.

2. Find the problem you're trying to solve

A good program usually solves/fixes a problem that its author (you) sees. Once you identify what is wrong with your subject, work on the program that can fix it.

3. Start coding

If you’re a novice at programming, you can use sites like StackOverflow or here on Ask to ask users for help with the program. This can be seriously useful if your program breaks down and you can’t figure out why.

4. Debug

Once your initial program is done, you can start running and debugging it. You want to try to get all kinks and bugs out of your program so to make it actually usable.

5. Publish/Advertise

Now that your program is done, you can officially publish it. If you want your program to be known, you can advertise it on program showcase sites, or make a topic about it here on Ask in #general:showcase!

Once you’re done with all that, you have made your program! From there you can add more features, or patch any potential unseen bugs.

3 Likes

Before you start coding, you need to have a clear idea of what kind of app you want to create, who your target audience is, what features and functionalities you want to include, and how you will design and test your app. You also need to choose a suitable programming language and platform for your app, such as Java for Android or Swift for iOS.

There are many online resources and tutorials that can help you learn the basics of app development, such as Codecademy, Udemy, Coursera, etc. However, if you are looking for more specific or advanced guidance, you may want to consider hiring a professional developer or joining a course or bootcamp that can teach you the skills and tools you need. I hope this helps and good luck with your app!

2 Likes