How do I search for a Repl (NOT MY OWN), written in a specific language (like Java), and with a keyword in the title (like battleship)?

I am searching for a Java repl, with “battleship” (or “battle ship”) in the repl’s title, that was made in the last 3 months on Replit [dot) com. How do I search for this repl, without combing through all 22,000 repls, IN ALL POSSIBLE Replit [dot) com languages, with “battleship” in the title?

Hi @SundayScourLRCC, welcome to the community!

There’s no way to search for a specific language AFAIK, but you can search for keywords by using the Search My Repls feature.

Edit: Oh. You mentioned not your own.
In that case, go to the user’s profile and you’ll see a Search Repls option:

2 Likes

is this one it?
https://replit.com/@ZacharyKronlage/Battleship

3 Likes

Not that one, but thank you! It was strictly a console I/O. This was for the final project for our CSC 222 class, so was just made in the last 3 months.

For the record, this was my final project for that class:
https://replit [dot] com/ [at] SundayScourLRCC/LRCC-CSC-222-Final-Project-v101-Presentation-Mode

1 Like

https://replit.com/@Michael_Nicol/Unit-8-Final-Project-Battleship

this one?

2 Likes

Apparently, the USED to be a way to search for Repls in a specific language, but 5gen they removed the feature. You can find references to it in old Talk pages on Replit [dot) com. But, like many products, such as Firefox for mobile, Replit [dot) com search seems to be jumping on the bandwagon where “New and Improved” means “Regression and Fewer Features”. And, as with most things, there’s no going back…

1 Like

Huh.

But can you confirm my post answered your question and mark it as the solution?

1 Like

I still feel like it would be benifical if someone were to give a work around to finding it. although technically its answered, I feel theres a solution somewhere
I think i have one

Try this
Google or chrome has a way you can search query stuff
in this example your looking through the targeted site (replit.com) with keywords in it. change the keywords around until you get what result you need using this format:

site:replit.com “battleship” “Java” “last 3 months”

2 Likes

Closer, but way too old. We were in a Spring 2023 college class.

Sure would be easier if Replit [dot) com had at least a minimally relevant search feature. And Google apparently no longer indexes recently created Repls. Must have at the request of Replit [dot) com to ensure their incompetent search was the only game in town…

It’s not looking like there will BE a correct solution to my problem, yours or anyone else’s. :frowning: I just don’t think there IS a way to search repls of a given language.

Yes, if I knew what username my classmate used for Replit [dot) com, I could easily find his Final Project repl, but that would not be a solution to finding a repl by programming language.

The problem is the class ended, without a promised listing of Final Project repls, so we could look at each other’s work. I started a job the day after classes ended, and only now have time to search, but the Canvas pages for all Spring 2023 classes are now closed, so I can’t post a message. I’ve emailed the professor, but if I were him, I might nit answer until Fall 2023. :grin:

Yup, did all that before posting here. No luck. :confused:

Aw, I’m sorry to hear this. I hope in the future you may find it.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What are trust levels?