How do I install packages

Im using pyaudio and Pydub which require libmp3lame, Ive asked ghostwriter how to install libmp3lame and it came back with:
run:
sudo apt-get install libmp3lame-dev

in the shell
which errors out with:

sudo apt-get install libmp3lame-dev
sudo: The “no new privileges” flag is set, which prevents sudo from running as root.
sudo: If sudo is running in a container, you may need to adjust the container configuration to disable the flag.

if i run it without sudo it fails with the usual expected cannot get lock error that one usually does running apt-get without privs.

1 Like

Just use pip install Python PIP

1 Like

I already installed pydub using pip but apparently, pydub needs the system package libmp3lame installed through apt-get libmp3lame to actually work.

1 Like

I’m not sure what to do then, maybe you can find a template for what your trying to create using replit’s community templates https://replit.com/search?query=pyaudio+and+Pydub&category=Templates&page=1&hasCurrentUser=false

2 Likes

I eventually figured it out. Ignore Ghostwriter when it tells you to install libMp3Lame. Ghostwriter is smoking something, and its not needed. Turned out to be a deeper code issue causing the problem.

Ghostwriter is not very useful IMHO, leads to more problems than help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.