How can I make the console read RTL (Arabic)

when I write the code, it reads the Arabic words and connects them properly (Arabic is cursive), but when I run the code the direction and connection between letters are lost. See screenshot.

2 Likes

Hi @ahmadszeid thanks for your bug report. Can you also post a link to your Repl so the support team can investigate when available?

If you could also show what you are expecting to see if would be useful.

hay @IanAtReplit
I am having the same issue, and I would like to know the status of this ticket is it being resolved?
and when can we expect a solution?

Hi @MetaKing thanks for your message. Unfortunately we didn’t get any follow up from the OP so no progress is being made on this as far as I know.

If you could post a link to your Repl and what you are expecting to see it would be really helpful. Thanks.

2 Likes

OP already mentioned what they were expecting to see. The letters should be joined together in the console, like how they’re joined together in the editor

2 Likes

Hello @IanAtCSTeach as @QwertyQwerty88 said, OP already showed what it’s supposed to be vs what it shows when the code run
but here is what I was working on, it’s an English quiz for kids that ask for the meaning of words in Arabic
https://replit.com/@MetaKing/testing-Quiz?v=1
please check the Json file to see how the words are supposed to look like

2 Likes

Hey!

I was able to reproduce this issue and have sent this to the team. I will send an update as soon as I have one.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing the additional information @MetaKing ! Glad to see that Shane is on the case!

@ShaneAtReplit any updates on this?

1 Like

Hey @QwertyQwerty88!

No updates since my last message, I’m afraid. I have brought this ticket to the engineers attention again and will keep an eye on it to make sure we take a look. I’ll follow up next week on the status of this!

1 Like

Hey all!

Update: We have an engineering ticket for this, but we do not have an ETA.

2 Likes