Home page not found on nav button

Question: created index.html, and a second page that works, but trying to get home nav to take me back to homepage, I have it as
Home but keeps saying not found in run Is this coding error or other?

Hey, @chrishg23 welcome to the forums!

Can you please provide a link to the repl? This way it is easier for staff and members of the community to help you!

Also see this guide on how to share your code:

I found the cover letter as per ‘clicking on eye Cover page, and clicking the link button to copy the UR’…. but can’t see the chain link icon… it might be as i am on an ipad :man_shrugging:

i took a few screenshots of my code if that helps. I actually posted code in my original message but on posting it turned into ‘home’ :man_shrugging:

So home page or index is called index and additional pages code are Option 1, 2 and 3. The links work taking me to the other pages (basically same code as index page)

I have tried a few ways to get the home link working so it goes back to index (homepage) but get this and cant get rid of it without reloading the repl

The code for each is as follows

Thx for helping

1 Like

When you run the repl, what does the Webview show?
Also, what repl template are you using?
Additionally, why use .yaml files and not .html files?

Did you click the link? There’s a video that goes with it.

The first one

HTML, CSS, JS

It shows what is in the right of the 1st screen in the image i posted above

Can I have a full screenshot of your entire file structure?
Did you edit the .replit file?

I used those file types as thats what it said in the help for adding more pages

So you’re following a tutorial?

How do do the full file structure? I only started coding this yesterday and my 1st ever time coding… sorry

Do you see the Tools sidebar? Collapse that by pressing the arrow and screenshot the full Files sidebar.

1 Like

@chrishg23 In that case, the link for index.html won’t be /mkdocs.yml/index.html. It’ll just be index.html.
Hope this helps!

Hi @chrishg23 !
Has my post above helped you to solve your problem? If so, could you mark it as a Solution? If not, what errors or problems do you encounter?

That is what i already had <a href=index.html”>Home</a

if I understand correctly, you will want to change

<a href="index.html">Home</a>

to

<a href="/index.html">Home</a>

in all of your yml files (confused about why you’re using .yml instead of .html but if it works, it works I guess)

having the / in front of index.html makes it so you go back to https://index--chrishg23.repl.co/ which is the home page

the / basically is to redirect to index.html from / directory, not from the /mkdocs.yml/ directory in which the yml file is in.

4 Likes

I have an instinct it is a bug caused by using replit on an ipad…. I will try at some point on a laptop pc

1 Like

please see my post, you’re trying to look for index.html in mkdocs.yml when you should be looking for index.html in /

it doesn’t have much to do with replit on an ipad

Ooo ok will try that