Hidden folders (./) cannot be accessed by public?

Context:
I own 2 domains, redditreccs(dot)com and redditrecs(dot)com, and I have linked it to my website which is a static deployment. Because the domains are similar, Google is showing a lookalike warning when I visit the website, and I want to get rid of it.

I followed the instructions here to try and remove it: Chromium Docs - Lookalike Warnings in Google Chrome

Problem:
The instructions involves creating an assetlinks.json and uploading it to /.well-known/assetlinks.json. However, when I do that I realize that the file is not accessible via https://redditrecs.com/.well-known/assetlinks.json (404 error). If I upload it to /well-known/assetlinks.json I can access it though. However, that is not the directory that google wants it in.

Any advice on what I can do? Is there some configuration to allow access to files in hidden folders?

Hi @ilianaishak1 , welcome to the forums!
In your .replit file, try removing all contents from the hidden list. This list controls what is hidden when Hide hidden files is clicked.

1 Like

How would that change what the website allows to be accessible?

It puts the hidden folders unhidden in the repl?

But does that change anything about what’s hosted on the static website?

1 Like

Right. I think I misunderstood the question.

1 Like

Still unresolved. Anyone can help?

Can the domains still work? Even with the warning?

Ok I support got back to me and looks like the only way is to use autoscaled/reserved vm

Yes the domains still work with the warning. I just wanted to see if there was a way to make sure the warnings aren’t there

1 Like