Hidden Files Not So Hidden

This problem never, ever goes away. No matter what I do, hidden files are not hidden.

Really tired of this.

Click hide hidden files?

1 Like

Yes. But only about 300 times.

Is 301 the charm?

I cannot reproduce this issue, clicking the hide hidden files button works for meā€¦

Thank you for replying.

But this has ALWAYS been an issue ā€” last year, this year. Moreover, Iā€™ve tried a number of alternatives. I see that this was reported as a bug some months back and then that it was resolved.

This should be easy. But clicking ā€˜hide hidden filesā€™ is something Iā€™ve done over and over. Iā€™ve tried to capture a saved state; Iā€™ve created test replits. Whatever.

I find it hard to believe Iā€™m the only one or that, at this point, I am somehow missing something.

Iā€™ve created a quick recording demonstrating it working for me.

Hi @multumnonmulta

Thank you for your post and sorry that you are experiencing issues. However the Replit support team may not be able to help you with this issue if you do not complete the template fields fully.

Without knowing the expected and actual behaviour (screenshots are fine for this section) as well as the link to your Repl and the steps a member of the support team will need to follow to reproduce the error there wonā€™t be much we can do to help you.

The more information you provide at the start, the easier it will be to identify if your bug report is an issue or a misunderstanding.

1 Like

I would suggest clearing your browsers cache and history to see if that problem is a remnant of corrupted data stored in your browsers cache. If you are fine with this, proceed. This may sign you out of some sites. On google chrome, open the three dot menu and click history. Click the clear browsing data tab, and select ā€œadvancedā€. Select ā€œcached images and filesā€. This will not do anything except sign you out of most sites, then clear.