So, I hear these terms thrown around a lot and I have sooooo many questions.
- What is an API, and what do the keys do?
- When people talk about stealing API keys why is it important?
- What is SID and why do I see it so much?
- What is QL or GraphQL and how does it work?
- How do the replit bots actually work? I wanted to make one but now I am so confused because it sent me down this rabbit hole of replapi-it and other stuff listed here.
- How does AI actually work (code wise) and how can I use it to make stuff like this?
- what even is replapi-it and how does it incorporate into replit bots?
- What is GPT3/4 and how can I use it in coding projects.
Yeah, so I know this is a lot but I am just looking for basic answers and if there is anything else related that you think would be helpful, please tell me as well! Thanks for reading and taking the time to respond!
EDIT: I have been really nervous to ask around because I don’t want you guys to think I don’t know how to code or anything, but I am just sucking it up and asking anyway lol.
API is a way programs to get data or make requests from/to other programs, databases etc. They keys let you request data or make changes
Because it could rate limit their key, access info they should not be able to or make so many request they are charged,
Its a login cookie for Replit
Thats graph query language or GQL for short. Its a kind of API
GQL but you need permision from Replit staff
Matchine learning. Dont know more than that
I think its machine learning modles
Tysm! Very helpful and def want to hear what more people have to say.
@bigminiboss and @PikachuB2005 I was mainly hoping to get answers from you two.
I can help maybe (I like the replit GraphQL API a lot, even though im less experienced than bigminiboss or pika)
I’ll respond to these:
2 & 3. What is SID and why do I see it so much?
4. What is QL or GraphQL and how does it work?
5. How do the replit bots actually work? I wanted to make one but now I am so confused because it set me down this rabbit hole of replapi-it and other stuff listed here.
6. How does AI actually work (code wise) and how can I use it to make stuff like this?
7. what even is replapi-it and how does it incorporate into replit bots?
2 & 3: An SID is a login cookie for replit. The person accessing it has full control over your account, but externally, it is used like an api to query Replit’s GraphQL API, which can do everything a normal person could do on Replit
4: GraphQL is a query language for APIs
5: They use GraphQL mutations for Replit’s GraphQL API to automate things normally only a real person could do
6: You would need moderator permision (preferable @RayhanADev’s) and they’ll obviously say no, and you would need access to a large part of the GraphQL schema (a large file which has all GraphQL types and such), and that would be also no
7: ReplAPI.it is a wrapper for Replit’s GraphQL API which allows you to use it in an easier way. Currently ReplAPI v3 is discontinued and the GraphQL in it is outdated, currently @PikachuB2005 is working on ReplAPI v4 which will have more capabilities as the GraphQL is hidden server side, so every request is logged
I think @not-ethan did a pretty good job answering your questions, but there are some things I’d like to add:
- You make a request to Replit’s API endpoint to get the bot’s notifications, and read the comments. Then you send another request for each reply. I’m not allowed to share the specifics
- I’m using OpenAI’s API. Docs: OpenAI API
- It’s a node package I made that allows you to easily use Replit’s API. I heard it wasn’t working recently so I’ll have to look into that
- Same as 6
GPT 3 is a
Generative Pre-trained Transformer, which is an complex deep-learning language model that was created by OpenAI. Now you can implement GPT 3 using OpenAI’s free API (requires API key, refer to doc’s), or you may even use the pre-built Python package (if you’re planning on using python).
Thank you guys so much! @PikachuB2005 how were you able to get permission to make PikaBot2005? Is it because you are famous?
It’s because ray has known Pika since a while and trusts them to not do anything bad
Same thing with bigminiboss, and other people like LuisAFK
Also, I have a 10th/11th/12th question: How can I create my own AI using GPT-3? I know I can’t use it in Replit, but could I make my own website to host the AI? Is there a good, detailed tutorial you guys would recommend?
Is there any other guide you used?
Also, how are gathering SID’s dangerous? Like does it allow you to sign in with it or smth?
sid gathering is dangerous because if someone gets it, they can literally do anything to your account from deleting it, force following/tipping them, or even spamming repls to make it so you go over egress limit. To make your own openAI chatgpt thing you can just use the
openAI python package. To host it, literally just go and make a site using the API. Essientally, to use openAI, you will make an openAI account and get the API key and use that in the package
Yes, having someone’s SID means full control over their account.
If you wanted to use GPT-3 on replit, you can send requests to the API, here is a link to a repl I made:
Got it. But how does having the SID mean full account access? Because it’s not like you sign in with the SID.
you do actually, SID is the token you get after signing in, this means that when you sign in a new sid for your account is generated, so it’s essentially equivalent
But how do you sign in with it?
You don’t sign in with it you sign in to get it