Help - Saved Figures

Hi,
I’ve created a figure and saved the image, apparently in /home/runner. How and where do I access my saved figures?

Thanks.

Hey @slong5! Welcome to the community!

In order to view/use the images, you will need to transfer the images to where you will be able to see them in your Repl.

To do this, type $ ../ or $ cd to go to the parent directory. Then type $ mv *.IMAGE_FILE_FORMAT REPL_NAME_HERE to move the image files to where you can view them in the Repl.

1 Like

On this note, you can have this work for all repls by replacing REPL_NAME_HERE with $REPL_SLUG. Also, (because python repls at least) because some repls replace the Console tab with something else, run this in the Shell tab.

1 Like

Hello, and welcome to the community. Hope you enjoy your time here with us! Hope the others where able to help you!

Welcome to the community! IIRC, anything stored in /home/runner is deleted when the Repl stops running. However, when it is running, it gives infinite storage. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m not sure what this means, so apologies. I have created a catplot in Python and wish to save or copy the visual so that I can add it to a Word document. Is this possible?

Run the commands they listed in the shell tab, replacing IMAGE_FILE_FORMAT with the format of the images, and REPL_NAME_HERE with $REPL_SLUG. $REPL_SLUG is just an os variable that refers to your current repl’s name.