Help! Not able to use Selenium Python

Hello, Selenium used to work with Python on Replit but now faces issues. When using a custom chromedriver path, I cannot find a chromedriver variant that matches the version installed on Replit.

This is the chromium version: Chromium 108.0.5359.94
This is the closest chromedriver variant: 108.0.5359.71

When running with that chromedriver it gets incompatible error. Using the default chromedriver (without declaring any path) gets this error:

selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: unknown error: Chrome failed to start: exited abnormally.
(unknown error: DevToolsActivePort file doesn’t exist)
(The process started from chrome location /nix/store/x205pbkd5xh5g4iv0g58xjla55has3cx-chromium-108.0.5359.94/bin/chromium is no longer running, so ChromeDriver is assuming that Chrome has crashed.)

Please help, thank you.

I’d assume it has something to do with the current outage, but idk since I’ve never used selenium. Essentially, if the reply has a non-text output, it won’t work currently. You can check the server’s condition here in case it comes back up soon

1 Like

Oh, alright, thank you very much, I appreciate your reply.

hey, I’m having a similar problem but with versions 115 vs 108.
Did you manage to fix it?

they also probably have that, but are mistakenly talking about the chromium version vs. chromedriver version. The error that you get is talking about the chrome version that your version of selenium supports vs. the chromedriver version.

2 Likes

No I didn’t. The initial issue was caused based on an outage at the time but any of the same issues now I haven’t found solution for. I also know this issue happens when you try to use undetected chromedriver, so maybe someone else can look into it now that the post is back up to the top.

1 Like