Has anyone built a Replit extension to launch a browser? Or to copy handy Chrome extensions?

I’d like to build a few Replit extensions to personalize my workstation and start using it more regularly for various work and personal activities. My first extension will be to launch a time travel debugging browser. Curious if others have built “web app launcher” extensions?

1 Like

I don’t think anyone has. Could you clarify on “time travel debugging browser” and “web app launcher”?

1 Like

It’s a Gecko browser that has special browser devtools and browser session recording capabilities.

By web app launcher I mean an extension that launches another website. E.g. I can export my Repl or any code etc on my Repl onto another website that I am also using to create a thing e.g. a web app, presentation, blog post etc. Basically a shortcut for copy and pasting what I’m building in Replit elsewhere.

I think you are referring to embeds.

You’re for that example - I’d need a mix of extensions and embeds. First thing I want to do is build an extension like this chrome extension:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/replay-launcher/djjkbhpjjnhbebpcdkjiggjloabpkkeo

Oh, now I get what you were asking for. So you want an extension that uses embeds to do this?

1 Like

The reverse of my prior example is embeds.

1 Like

So far, I don’t believe anyone has made an extension that does particularly this, but you might be able to accomplish this through iframes

1 Like