'Global' Extensions

I love the new extensions and can’t wait to make my own, but honestly when I heard about this, I pictured something more like themes. There would be a tab in the sidebar and you could make and install extensions, not only for the editor, but also just for anything on Replit. Is this where extensions are headed? Or are extensions going to be purely for the editor?

5 Likes

On top of that, I think there should be a way to activate editor extensions for all Repls at once

5 Likes

Yes! We started small to keep the surface area low, but eventually extensions will be globally installable

3 Likes

I believe they will be editor only, but I would love for them to be not just editor :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@MattDESTROYER @prisems I’m curious, what extensions would you like to build outside of the replit workspace?

3 Likes

Extensions like the check mark extension could be able to be installed via Replit and profile page extensions.

2 Likes

Frankly, on the spot it’s hard to think up some ideas, I’m more likely to think of something as I’m doing something and realise I could make something to make it easier. If I think of some good ones I’ll reply here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.