Ghostwriter lags after a while

Problem description:
The ghostwriter chat gets laggy after a few messages and gets progressively worse until it is cleared

Expected behavior:
It should run smoothly every time

Actual behavior:
The chat gets progressively slower

Steps to reproduce:
Ask for a good amount of code and suggestions in the same chat.

Bug appears at this link:

Browser/OS/Device:

Browser desktop (Chrome)

You’d have to contact replit Support for that one, I hope that the issue gets resolved! (Lucky, you have ghostwriter)

Thanks, ghostwriter is indeed pretty cool and helps a lot in actual project and also codes entire less important side projects. but chatgpt also does the trick so you are just missing out on the integration.
Anyways, cheers

I’m independent and self reliant, I don’t like using chatgtp for many things other than writing jokes and telling it to do dumb stuff like re-inventing the alphabet. Most of the information i can get and need is on google. And although it takes longer, i learn a lot more from the experience. I’m proud that i cry in my sleep over segFaults, invisible microscopic errors, in code, and sometimes even entirely missing files just disapearing ;-; :muscle:

That’s great, I’m just starting out with c sharp and it certainly helps but I do want to use it less and less and shift towards documentation. But I remember learning python without AI and all those exceptions that took me hours to fix when it was just an error on a parameter.
Anyways, have a good day.
Cheers

You as well! good luck on your coding endeavors.

Thanks, hopefully learning .net is not that hard as I have some experience with mono in Unity.
Same for you. Good luck

I’ll assume this happens for every repl. I do know that some repls are laggier than others, try on a blank repl and see if it fixes slightly.

How many messages, like in general? Like 10?

Could it be because of the device you are on? Try on a different device/network/browser if you can, and please post about what happened.

Hi, thanks for replying.

I didn’t count them but I’m pretty sure that it takes more than that to get it to run poorly.

I have been using it in multiple devices and networks but the same seems to happen.

Cheers

Hey @vpsterra!

Would you mind recording and sending a loom.com video of the issue so we can get a better idea of what it looks like on your end and how to reproduce it?

1 Like

I’m pretty busy at the moment, but I will try to send a loom as soon as I have time.
Cheers

2 Likes