Getting a ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR error when I added a custom domain to a deployed app

I have added a subdomain to my replit and deployed it and it is getting an ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR and not connecting. It correctly says it is connected. I have seen this issue mentioned a few times but no resolution. I am running on GoDaddy FYI


1 Like

I’m hitting this same error on a primary domain.

I’ve got the A-record and TXT record in place, both confirmed as propagated.

I’ve tried connecting the domain to both the Repl and the latest deployment, no luck with either.

Also getting the SSL error with everything configured properly. Did either of you file a bug report?

I did not. I ended up moving the server to heroku and it all worked there perfectly.

I did not. Due to not being able to get a timely support response so will be moving to another platform today. :frowning:

Hey @ChrisCollins7 @poolboy @UncleSamtoshi!

I apologize for the delay and am sorry that you did not receive a reply here. We have recently released a fix for this issue, so the SSL errors should no longer happen. If you do see errors, please try redeploying to see if that resolves them.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you are still having issues with Deployments!

To add on to what Shane said – if you have been seeing SSL errors with custom domains, unlinking and relinking the domain should resolve the issue now.