Freezing browser tab when encountering errors in Django application on Replit platform

Problem description: I’m having trouble with a Django application. When I start the server and any errors appear in the console, after a while the whole tab in the browser freezes and the only solution is to close the tab and open a new one, but the problem persists, so nothing can be done.

Expected behavior: Until recently, Django applications worked correctly, but now it seems that during a server error, the server gets stuck (?) and the browser hangs.

Actual behavior: I suspect that the problem lies with Replit, not Django itself. Because it’s the Replit tab that basically freezes.

Steps to reproduce:

Just create a new Django application, create a project, and intentionally introduce some error in the code, e.g. in urls.py, causing the server to hang. Bug appears at this link: https://replit.com/@0xDadulin/HR-HELPER

Browser/OS/Device: Brave, Windows, Acer Laptop

What happens when you use a different browser? Do you have any browser extensions installed?

same on mozilla.

The issue has been logged and the Replit team will look into it. Try reloading the page to get back to coding.

0xDadulin

Error: def1cd0d20f545f0a1206719381dd41d